Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Letting it go!


I am one of those people who find it exceptionally hard to let things go. It could be a roadside mawali who is eve teasing, a boss who is unreasonable or even a relationship gone sour. I persevere at the stupidest of things till I find closure. And that closure can sometimes take forever!
One thing that I want to let go of and that won’t leave me is my weight! Slowly but steadily I have built it up on one pretext or the other – that I am the mother of two, kids need a cushion and not a stick to cuddle into, after 35 it is impossible to lose weight, I have to eat comfort foods coz my lifestyle is so stressed, I am khatte pitte ghar ki , Serdi women look pretty with stretched glowing skins blah blah blah. I think the biggest problem is that I don’t perceive myself in my thoughts as ‘fat’ person. I am not even pleasantly plump when I think of myself. I am slim and sexy!
But this world belongs to slim women – I swear! No store stocks my size, men of my age eye slim women and I suspect, slim women also have an unfair advantage at work.
So I have decided to lose weight. And I am pitting myself against Ashish Jagtiani who is also chronicling his attempts to lose weight in Mumbai Mirror. So let’s see if I do manage to lose weight till my birthday (hmm – ok – only 5 kgs!)And If I do lose more weight than Ashish (aka Jaggu of the Jaggu –Tarana fame)!

Wish me luck!! And I will post my progress!

1 comment:

Divya said...

way to go, Preeti. I guess this applies to the both of us! Letting go of the past and of the excess weight! I am not pitting myself against anyone else but myself...as is said, man is his greatest enemy. I am mine! :)
So...joining you in this lofty weight loss cause is the glamorous Divya Pathak! Good luck to the both of us!