Monday, June 14, 2010

To the land of Plenty

Off to the land of plenty and there are plenty of reasons I will find to eat and make merry!
The BIG MAC – there is something about this poor imitation of the original beefburger. The thing is – it satisfies every single time. I can feel the pickle on my tongue already and the whole family will head to this All American icon first thing on arrival!
The clam chowder at Boston and the Vietnamese restaurant at Harvard Square, the hot dog at Central Park – these are the things that good food memories are made of. And what is an early morning drive out without a Coffee Coolata and a BEHC sandwich from Dunkin Donuts? And the yucky candied apple at Disney looks so appealing that I have to absolutely bite into it. The sickly sweet Cinnabon is another must have. Not to mention the generous portions of steak and chicken! And the yummy ice creams and frozen yoghurts! And the deli cuts and cheese. And the Thai, Chinese and Indian also thrown in for good measure.
This feeling that I will not get to eat this food again never leaves me on a holiday. And the humongous portion sizes fit my greed every single time. Fatigue eating hits an all time high driven by fatigue from enjoying at the theme parks and fatigue from shopping too much! Then I eat coz I am happy and I eat coz I am angry about something.
The land of aplenty has gorgeous fruits and salads too – Come again? My mind switches off to those possibilities atleast!
So I will eat and come back many kgs heavier and look at the weighing scales in horror. And tell my self – I don’t know what happened!!!
And get back to trying to lose these kgs before starting to lose the weight I had put on last summer!
Oh.did I mention that I will also get two different sizes of clothes – one to fit into now and one that I will fit into six (eight, ten ) months later!

No comments: