Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Teacher's Day

On Teacher’s Day I asked my kids if they wanted to take flowers for their teachers at school. They thought and said no. Then (possibly prompted by Praneet) they told me that I was their first teacher, so Happy Teacher’s Day to me!
And cheesy as it was, I thought it was true. My mom is my constant teacher. From hygiene lessons like potty training and bathing, to biology lessons about the birds and the bees, chemistry lessons on the art of boys and cooking, Newton’s laws as apply to karma and religion, storytelling and family values, Mom has done it all. And despite the fact that I am a mom now, she still is my life teacher. She is the one who constantly harasses me to do more, to work and to have a high self-esteem.
And I guess almost all of us feel like that about our moms! Even good old Mama’s Indian boys!
So, I will go and buy myself that bunch of flowers that Praneet did not buy me for Teacher’s Day!!

No comments: